Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Foodies Unite!

A while ago I bought one of the daily deals from Tippr (same type thing as Groupon) that was $25 for 2 movie tickets AND a $50 gift card on Restaurant.com...too good a deal to pass up! So a couple weeks ago we decided to use the gift card and I looked up the restaurants that you could go to and decided on Wild Vine Bistro in Bothell. (I love an excuse to go to a new restaurant!) Brendan bless him usually trusts me to choose the new places we go to and I have to say I rarely let him down. :) I looked up their menu online first and the choices looked intriguing (crab macaroni, duck confit) - I love trying new foods. Read on for details......
As soon as we stepped inside the door, we were greeted with the melodious strains of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. The muted colors of the walls combined with the dim lighting to create a soothing effect, instantly relaxing us. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful, recommending the truffle potato chips for our appetizer which we promptly ordered: (we were also served bread and olive oil, the downside was the bread wasn't hot)


These things literally melted in our mouths - the best potato chips I've ever had! The potatoes were cut in a delicate pattern which only added to the gourmet presentation. Definitely order these.
On to the entrees!
Brendan ordered the filet mignon which came with mashed potatoes and mushrooms - he loved the rich and tasty sauce. I didn't think it was exceptional but I'm glad he liked it.
I ordered the Alder smoked pork chop with mustard and apple gastrique, it came with potato gratin and green beans. The green beans were altogether unimpressive, didn't seem to have much taste. The mustard and apple sauce on the pork chop was delicious; the pork chop itself was okay, very thick, should have been a bit more tender. The potatoes were very weird, as you can see it came in the shape of a slice of pie, slices of potato layered over each other with nothing in between so the taste left something to be desired...
Alas we did not order dessert but it was tempting!
As we were leaving there was a cello player and guitar player setting up to play live music! Definitely want to go back just to listen to that. Even though there were some taste issues, I'm confident that the menu has plenty of other yummy options that I look forward to trying!
Holla!

1 comment:

  1. You should be a food critic... Sounds like the ambiance was delightful:)

    ReplyDelete